By Nick Matarazzo A data breach can wreak havoc on your business and its reputation. Not to mention the fines incurred and countless hours you will spend reviewing your computers and the source of the threat. Research suggests that 90% of cyber attacks stem from a phishing or social engineering attack. Educate your employees about […]
by Rickard Jorgensen, FCII, ARM, ACIArb Sextortion attacks against professional firms, including CPAs, are not uncommon and increasing in frequency. Sextortion is a form of blackmail in which sexual information or images are used to extort sexual favors or cash from the victim. The FBI offers an explantion of this new crime here. However, recently […]
- Pandemic-related challenges likely to impact your firm in the immediate future
- Conservation Easements – the next wave of malpractice claims against accountants and tax preparers?
- Some Broad Guidance for CPAs on the Post-COVID-19 Reopening of Your Office
- Back to Work: Assistance for Employers
- Our first COVID-19 related claim against a CPA Client