By Nick Matarazzo A data breach can wreak havoc on your business and its reputation. Not to mention the fines incurred and countless hours you will spend reviewing your computers and the source of the threat. Research suggests that 90% of cyber attacks stem from a phishing or social engineering attack. Educate your employees about […]
I know this is a little off topic as regards CPA professional liability insurance but cyber attacks are increasing in frequency and size (dollar value). At least monthly (and some times more) we receive calls from panicked firms because of a cyber attack. Good risk management is the best way to reduce the impact of cyber […]
A recent report from Netdilgence highlighted the increasingly difficult cyber risk environment for by business. A copy of the paper is available here. CPAGold™ members have access to a broad range of cyber risk services. One of the most useful is the substantial support and resources provided by eRiskHub. eRiskHub offers a range of tools and information […]
by Rickard Jorgensen, FCII, ACIArb., ARM Last week we received an inquiry from a CPAGold™ member firm regarding text messaging with clients. After discussions with Ralph Picardi the risk consultant for the CPAGold™ program and outside counsel, the consensus was use of texts to communicate with clients is not effective risk management practice. The problem […]
- Professional Liability for CPAs – Understanding your coverage – Part I – the insurance application
- Gotcha! Three cyber policy traps to look out for (and a postcript to the CCH hack)
- Coverage for independent subcontractors via the CPAGold™ program.
- A cyber coverage “Fire Drill” – professional liability insurance implications of the CCH Axcess (Wolters Kluwer Tax & Accounting) malware attack.
- Private Company Management Liability Claims